CoastView is a media platform
Coastview LLC is a company that brings imagery and information about the Alaska and Pacific Northwest coast directly to you. Along with stunning photos, the CoastView mobile app features information about local ecology, history, culture, and businesses -- bringing to life the striking beauty of the coasts of Alaska, British Columbia, Washington and Oregon for visitors that fly over, cruise past, drive along, or explore from the comfort of home. We produce:
- The CoastView mobile iOS app is free to download and a one month subscription for unlimited access to all the imagery is available for $1/month. See us in the App Store here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coa...
- Bespoke CoastView website plugins are available with geo-located imagery and map tiles for any area of interest by subscription for $5/month with a 12 month subscription.
- Kiosk displays are ideal for cruise ships, ferries, visitor centers, chambers of commerce, businesses, and conferences. The image displays can be online or offline, and are produced for any area of interest with customized geo-located imagery and map tiles. The displays are provided on an Android box that plugs into any flat screen with an HDMI cable. The box is rented for $50/month with a 12 month subscription that includes unlimited technical support. For an example use this link: https://web-plugin.coastviewapp.com/...
- Please contact us for advertisement opportunities. Single image geo-located advertisements are $5/month with a 12 month subscription. See the embedded ad for The Little Mermaid restaurant as one example here (for iOS devices): https://cview.app.link/wsQ5eMIUrI
- Daily CoastView social media posts are free, but can also be sponsored by businesses. See us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest by searching for CoastViewapp. Contact us here: email@example.com.
We developed the CoastView app to provide access to hundreds of thousands of coastal images. Most of the images are a by-product of a program called ShoreZone that mapped the intertidal shorelines of Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, and Oregon. The images are acquired using a low flying helicopter during the lowest tides of the year. The images are then used to classify coastal features in a geographic information system. For more about ShoreZone click here. We discovered that for most people the images are the most compelling product, so our challenge was to provide instant access to about a million images covering over 100,000 km of coastline on a mobile device. The result is the CoastView app that allows an interactive experience for viewing and exploring the coast, planning trips, and downloading images for offline travels.
Each of us has been inspired by the coast of the Pacific Northwest and Alaska in our personal, scientific, and adventure-seeking lives and we are excited to share this special place with you!
Amalie was one of the original founders of CoastView and has since moved on to other projects and adventures.